On Friday, 11 March 2022 00:19:37 EST gene heskett wrote:
Talking to myself again.

> This machine is running bullseye.
>
> And I need to setup a sim of my 6040 mill for gcode writing purposes.

And a thought just came to mind because the backplot can't trace the tool
points z motion. So I can't watch the spiral take shape in the backplot,
no way to offset the tool tip image fom zero. So regardless of what B
does, I get a straight single red line in the backplot.  To say thats
unhelpfull is an understatement.

Setup a code loop to carve the shape of the tooth in terms of y and z
offsets\motions to prove the shape of the tooth in the backplot. Then
plug a subroutine into the loop that actually does the carving. But for
that, I need to turn off the backplot trace during the subroutine to keep
it from overwriting everything else.

So I could track the screws tooth shape and cutting progress in the
backplot without cluttering it with the YB motions of the subroutine.  Is
such a thing do-able? If it is, how?

Thanks.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)