On Sat, 12 Mar 2022 at 03:44, gene heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:

> The max radius the corners of that stick, as its turned, ought to be some
> figure plus the 26 starting point when the square has been turned 45
> degrees,

The diagonal of a square is just sqrt(2) x the edge. (this follows
from Pythagoras, but is just something I have picked up along the way.
As a CEE you might see a parallel with working out peak from RMS
voltage)

So, if the radius to the flat is 26mm then the radius to the corner is 36.8mm.
(If you are working in radius then the little square with one corner
in the centre of the block and one on the block corner is what you
need to imagine)

And, for a no-maths check, just draw it in cad and add some dimensions :-)

--
atp
lunatics."