On Saturday, 9 April 2022 21:27:26 EDT Sam Sokolik wrote:
> X is almost ready to test...
>
> https://photos.app.goo.gl/GzyjvC49J2rTXyaG8

Looking good Sam, similar to what I did to my Sheldon, but my motor mount
is a sliding plate on the front of a much bigger 1/2" apron so I can
screw drive the belt tension, and with stepper/servo's, only a 2/1 ratio
stepdown. X speed max is just over 60" a minute with a 2NM 3 phase
stepper motor. The rest of my apron has the encoder dials to drive it by
hand. Seemed the ideal place to put them. Put them near where the cranks
used to be.  Feels natural. I sealed up the tunnel the x screw is in, top
and bottom so swarf can't get to it unless its past center going in.  And
I put bellows on the z screw on both sides of the nut for its swarf
protection. I even drilled two of the nuts 6 holes all the way thru so
rapid z movements could let the air get from one bellows to the other w/o
sucking in contaminents.

> On Thu, Apr 7, 2022 at 8:18 AM Sam Sokolik <samco...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Most likely it needs that movement because it can spin 30 + inches ;)

If it can spin 30", what is the max spindle speed?
> > sam

> >> For gang-tooling perhaps?
> >>
> >> --
> >> atp
> >> "A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is
> >> designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and
> >> lunatics."
> >> — George Fitch, Atlanta Constitution Newspaper, 1912

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis