Hi Guys,

I was machining a part on my X2 Minimill. Suddenly it left the programmed track
(spoiled the part) and didn’t respond to Estop. I powered the system off
manually raised the Z axis and tried turning it on so I could home it, smoke
started coming from the controller. So I powered everything down and started
troubleshooting.
There were two chips on the CandCNC Mini-IO BOB that had let out the magic
smoke. I had a spare BOB that I built using the Gecko G540 schematic. So I
replaced the other BOB with it. The drives in the controller are Superior
Electric SS2000MD4 drives.

When I got everything put back together and checked the wiring everything
looked good so I tried powering it up. When I tried homing it the traces move
in AXIS but there is no movement on the machine. The motors hold position so
the output of the drives is active. Is it likely that I blew out the inputs on
the drives?

Thanks,
Alan