On Fri, 24 Jun 2022 at 19:21, fxkl47BF--- via Emc-users
<emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> i bought a 5C spin indexer
> one of the first thing i noticed was the indexing plate is not secured to the
> spindle
> is there a reason for not keying it

Sounds like a typical Chinese low-end "this could never work, but is
cheaper than the ones that do work, so we get all the sales" product.

I wonder, looking at old ads from the Victorian era if this is new or
not. There are all sorts of things that look to be based on a false
premise, but low-end Chinese stuff seems to be new on the "true
premise, designed wrong, not tested, ship anyway" part of the space.

On the plus side, you probably paid less for the metal than you could
buy the stock for, and it's nearly functional.

But I do wonder if Victorian Birmingham shipped this sort of "can't
work, never worked, we don't care" scrap metal.

--
atp
lunatics."