The machine appears to still be in production.  I would not expect them to
be working on holidays and weekends.

If the controller boots up and then something is wrong the company that
made it likey can help better then anyone here.    I would not retrofit a
new controller on a working machine

On Mon, Sep 5, 2022 at 5:36 AM gene heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:

> On 9/5/22 00:47, Chris Albertson wrote:
> > So he has one of these?
> > https://ez-router.com/10-cnc-plasma-cutter/27-5-x-10-ez-plasma.html
> > Why not ask the manufacturer about the product?
> >
> They have, but this being labor day weekend, there's nobody home to
> answer questions,
> just an answering service girl that got stuck working the holiday.
>
> But it doesn't quite fit the description of a fly by night operation.
> With that machine having
> an asking in the neighborhood of $12k, they will probably not have any
> support for a
> machine that old. What they might want is to sell him an updated control
> package that
> does more, faster than the 2014 hdwe it has. Frank looked at it, no non
> volatile storage except
> a cd reader. And in 2022, the chances of a new cdrom being readable in
> that old a drive are
> somewhere between point double ought zip and zero.
>
> I bought into the idea of using crdom, then dvd's for backups, and
> bought a couple 100 packs
> of disks then discovered they weren't big enough to be practical. Today
> I have 3 optical drives,
> and that spindle of cdroms cannot be identified and used by any drive.
> The only reliable
> spindle I have left for making install dvd's is some high priced
> re-recordables. The ID tracks
> of all the rest have faded away into the sunset of old age. It would not
> surprise me if an 8 yo
> disk was not readable even if the drive was replaced.
>
> We'll see what develops once folks get back from wherever they went for
> the long holiday.
> Take care and stay well Chris.
>

> Cheers, Gene Heskett.
> --
>   soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
> -Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
> If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law respectable.
>   - Louis D. Brandeis
> Genes Web page <http://geneslinuxbox.net:6309/>

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California