On 9/14/22 8:58 AM, Les Newell wrote:
Keep the PCI cable short. ISTR PCIE is only specified for 300mm and that includes the tracks on the boards. I had a similar adapter that broke out 1x mini pcie to 4xPCIE (using a PCIE multiplexer chip). It came with a 400mm USB3 cable and I had some reliability issues until I used a 200mm cable. This particular setup was pushing that poor 1x lane to it's limits as I had 4x NVME drives hung off it. The Mesa cards use a tiny fraction of the available bandwidth so they should be a lot more tolerant.

Having said that, Linus Tech Tips managed to get PCIE to go 3 metres though it was a little flaky.

Les

Perfect!   Will do.

Ed.