Maybe I'm totally missing the point (wouldn't be the first time <lol>)

This poster has other videos which might help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mBQwIzaiaQ

Martin

________________________________

> From: andy pugh [mailto:bodge...@gmail.com]
> To: Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)
> Subject: Re: [Emc-users] triggering the mesa card encoder index pulse
>
> On Fri, 4 Nov 2022 at 16:38, John Dammeyer <jo...@autoartisans.com> wrote:
>
> Is there a good you tube video that shows how to use a camera to align?
>

> Not that I know of, but basically you fit a camera and use it to align :-)

You realize of course that doesn't help much...  ;-)

So if I plug in a USB camera that is recognized by LinuxCNC 2.8 and above and
mount it to the Quill (for example) with offsets X=75mm, Y=78mm and then add to
my INI file [DISPLAY] section:
EMBED_TAB_NAME= cam_align
EMBED_TAB_COMMAND= qtvcp -d -c cam_align -x {XID} cam_align

That an AXIS tab will show up with the camera image?
If so how about a screen shot?
Will the screen shot show cross hairs so that lining that up on the center
point will then, with some command set X and Y to 75,78 so that a move to 0,0
now positions the spindle over that point?
John