On 1/18/23 22:43, Linden via Emc-users wrote:
Does any one have suggestions for a reasonably priced and available fan less pc with a parallel port that I can use with linux cnc to go with my gecko 540?

Looking to spend under $300 if possible with shipping

My original old dell gave up and died several years ago. The  pci 1 parallel port card I have is not recognized by the bios of either of my other 2 computers and I cant find a header cable in my junk to go from the lp1 pins on my Asus mother board to 25 pin sub D. Be nice to have something off the shelf known to work as I don't have access to piles of old PCs any more and I would like to have my plasma table running again.

Any suggestions are much appreciated thanks in advance,

  Linden

Florida seems to have an off-lease recycler under about every 20th palm tree. I got a 4 pack of old dimension 7xxx's for about $600 2 or 3 years back, no hd's no windows keys, put my own SSD's and 5i25's in them and off to the races I was. s/b even cheaper now.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis