Quick question here.   The HAL file has two time intervals I believe in
nanoseconds?
BASE_PERIOD = 24000
SERVO_PERIOD = 1000000

So BASE_PERIOD is about 41.67kHz and SERVO_PERIOD is 1kHz?

I'm guessing the encoder edges are counted between BASE_PERIOD Ticks to
determine spindle velocity?  Is that correct?

That the trajectory planner calculates a new velocity relative to the spindle
every SERVO_PERIOD?  In other words the step rate to say the Z axis for
threading is changed (or left the same) every 1mS.

Have I got that right?  Just looking for an overall simple description.

Thanks
John