On 12/18/23 14:09, Todd Zuercher wrote:
Probably, but we will need a better explanation of exactly what machine
or instructions how to do so.

Are you asking for the machine to automatically home all joints when the
machine power/enable button is pressed?

No.
Are you asking for a reset button that returns the machine to a ready position
after an incident or interruption of a program?

No.
Something else entirely?

Todd Zuercher
P. Graham Dunn Inc.
630 Henry Street
Dalton, Ohio 44618
Phone:  (330)828-2105ext. 2031\

It is all there, Todd, all you have to do is hook it up in the .hal file. Anybody with an editor can do it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Thomason via Emc-users <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Monday, December 18, 2023 12:01 PM
To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Cc: Alan Thomason <alanmthoma...@icloud.com>
Subject: [Emc-users] Starting up in Machine ON

[EXTERNAL EMAIL] Be sure links are safe.

Hi There...

We have a positioning machine that uses linuxcnc that we want to better
automate the restart procedure.  Is it possible to script in the initial file
for the system to switch to Machine ON (as long as there are no active limit
switches).

This machine is inaccessible to humans without turning off power, so there is
no safety concern.

Thanks so much,

Alan

Sent from my iPhone