From: andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com>
Sent: January 3, 2024 11:52 PM
To: Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC) <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Capto

On Wed, 3 Jan 2024 at 22:01, andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This means that the large and small arcs are tangent to each other,
> which requires that their centres lie on a perpendicular line, and
> that in turn means that the arc centres of small and large arcs must
> be coincident.

Close, but no cigar, it seems.

There is an equation in an online document
(https://archiwum-bazakonkurencyjnosci.funduszeeuropejskie.gov.pl/file/download/587886)
that isn't actually correct:

x'= Dm/2×cosØ −2×e×cos(2Ø)+e×cos(4Ø)
y'= Dm/2×sinØ -2×e×sin(2Ø)+e×sin(4Ø)

However, after getting hold of a pirate copy of the standard, it turns
out that it was only slightly wrong. This is what it should be. ( -+++
not -+-+)

x'= Dm/2×cosØ −2×e×cos(2Ø)+e×cos(4Ø)
y'= Dm/2×sinØ +2×e×sin(2Ø)+e×sin(4Ø)

Plotted out this is very close to the shape that I had but differs by
about 30 microns at the worst spots.

The good news is that this is very easy to convert to either XY
offsets for boring, or a radius for computed offset on a lathe as it
is already in terms of spindle angle Ø.

--
atp
lunatics."