Are the rails a standard part, or are they custom?   If a standard part you
could replace them, they install with just a screwdriver.  These used to be
very expensive until they started making themin Chine.  Now pretty good rails
are available at the 20-something dollar price point.   But only if they are
the standard type.  This might not be the case on an older machine