Hey everyone,

I'm still working on getting this AvidCNC setup for use at out maker space.

Let me give you some info on it. It's a 5' x 10' machine, with the first 16" reserved for Rotary Axis/Vertical Spoil Board/ Tooling plate.  Then the next 8 feet would be typical use router space, the remaining is used for the tool rack and is limited with a dynamic soft limit setup I did. The machine homes to the Y+ X+ (Rear right) and then parks itself on the right just in front of the tool rack zone which I've dubbed No-man's land.

Most everything will be done in the 5x8' area, and I want to designate that as G54 based as far as a I can tell, and probably the 16"x5' area would be G55 typically.  However, When you touch off a part, you nuke out your Original G54, or G55 locations.

Would this be a use case go storing 0,0 for G54 and G55 in G28 and G30
respectfully?

Lastly, I'm using the Probe Basic UI, It has a Go To Zero, Go To G30 and a Go To Home button.  I've made the Go To Home park the gantry to the rear right close to where it homes.  This is so that stock can be loaded from the front left corner.

Looks like Go To Zero simply goes to the the X0 Y0 with Z0 either first or last
depending on #5422 value.   (No G53 specified).

The Go TO G30 looks to move Z0 in G53, then executes the G30 command.

All of these are in subs and can be changed.

Just trying to get this all sorted out to make it as easy to use and so that
the Cad/Cam portion is easy to work as well.

Thanks, Billy aka Connor