A few quick tests to try to narrow this down:

   1. Does running the same command with G61 fix the issue?
   2. In G64, if you call a subroutine via MDI that does multiple moves, is
   just the last move at reduced acceleration?
   3. Does the last move of a program accelerate slowly as well?

If the answer to some or all of these is yes, then it might be the
trajectory planner's blending behavior. In G64 mode, incoming motions to
the trajectory planner are blended with parabolic blends by default (the
old linuxcnc 2.6 and earlier method). Parabolic blending works by dropping
accelerations of segments to 50% of max, so that prev / next segments can
be run simultaneously without violating acceleration constraints.
Unfortunately, the last motion is stuck waiting for a "next" motion that
will never come, so it ends up at 50% of max acceleration.

The fix for this is not trivial, but you may be able to work around it by
doing your testing in G61.

-Rob