Hi Empyreans. Anna's commentary on Warhol regarding fakes and Mark's that
(snip)/a very powerful kind of fake [is] The fake that quietly troubles the
truthclaims/. I re-read *doubles* for troubles but it obviously goes much
further,and I fully agree. Suppose we’re still already into Plato’s
thoughts/representationsof the chora space, apparently one of those mental
states where anything canhappen and which would seem to avoid censorship. It’s
curious about Andy Warholwho seems clearly to be out to get technology in one
sense or another. Out ofcontext perhaps another quote of his is /Everybody says
[…] fantastic things.People are always putting it down as an invasion of
privacy, but I thinkeveryone should be bugged all the time […] bugged and
photographed./ (in *AndyWarhol Giant Size* p. 176). Nietzsche also in *The Gay
Science* (Bk 3, Sec.110): /To what extent can truth stand to be
incorporated?—That is the question;that is the experiment./ He means
incorporated in knowledge—Origin of knowledgeis the heading in Sec. 110. At
least I read it as incorporated in knowledge.Then there is Virginia Woolf, for
example her essay “Reading” goes pretty farwith reality of reality. Much
inspired by this month’s theme! Best wishes,William