Dear Empyre,Thanks for the new information. The month's theme seems very
interesting and especially apt. I  find the usage of terroir
particularlyinteresting, finding it rather close to Derridean differAnce. One
kind ofnonsameness of course is linguistic. I imagine most on this listserv
arealready familiar with positions stressing the importance of
extendingbiodiversity to linguistic diversity. I’d just like to add a link to
an articleby Albert Bastadas-Boada of the U. of Barcelona,
/Linguisticsustainability for a multi-lingual humanity/. Briefly, citing from
the article:/Just as sustainable development does not negate thedevelopment and
the desire for material improvement of human societies but at one and the same
time wants to maintainecosystemic balance with nature, so linguistic
sustainability acceptspolyglottisation and intercommunication among groups and
persons yet still calls for the continuity and fulldevelopment of human
linguistic groups./ Terroir aspectsthen, for this neophyte to Randall’s work at
least, would seem to be veryapplicable to linguistic sustainability. I’m sure
you’re way ahead of me. IACthe article is easy to search up. Its bibliography
is also interesting. The link is
/https://www.researchgate.net/publication/236214159_Linguistic_Sustainability_for_a_Multilingual_Humanity/
Best wishes, William