Now, the question, which has been haunting me in relation to ambient play,
background data flows and attention is how can we, as academics, artists,
designers, start to make a change. What actions are to be taken to make
gaming and digital online entertainment as such more responsible. Do we
start with responsible players and users habits? Should we try to act on
the political level, pointing not only towards the problem with energy
consuming hardware but also towards play structure / gameplay mechanics
which foster data-heavy irresponsible entertainment consumption.
--
Sonia Fizek
Digital Wanderer & Ludic Thinker