Welcome to April 2021 on –empyre- soft-skinned space:
All call to our -empyre- subscribers:  Networking New Work
Moderated by Renate Ferro

Our January topic gave all of you a chance to share some of the research and
resources that are driving your current work.

Whether you are an artist, curator, coder, writer, or theorist we hope this
month you will take the opportunity to give your own work a plug, Networking
New Work. Please share descriptions, prospectuses, or narratives about what it
is that you are in the middle of this April.  Many of us are still in the midst
of the conditions of Covid while others have access to vaccines which are
prompting an ease to how we get around and what we have access to. Do you have
an upcoming publication or exhibition or perhaps something in progress?  We
want to hear all about it.

Please respond with this email  soft_skinned_space
<empyre@lists.artdesign.unsw.edu.au>
We ask you to put your name in the subject heading.
Additionally, we invite you to post your current short biography.

As we enter into our nineteenth year as a list-serve we celebrate the fact
that we are a global virtual community of new media artists, curators,
theorists, producers, and others whose interests revolve around critical
perspectives on contemporary cross-disciplinary issues, practices and
events in networked media. Over the years our community has grown to
over 2,250 members and counting. We've all come to marvel at the diverse dazzle
of our community as it variously activates and lurks around our monthly
discussion topics. What has been most fascinating for us is to consider the
power of this online forum and how the rhizomatic flow between our subscribers¹
research and projects directly imprint upon the ebb and flow of our global
identity.

That flow can be reviewed through our ¬empyre archive generously hosted
 http://lists.artdesign.unsw.edu.au/pipermail/empyre/

Our ¬empyre website is hosted by Cornell University
http://empyre.library.cornell.edu/

You can also follow us on Instagram empyre_soft_skinned_space
Our Facebook group is
https://www.facebook.com/groups/empyrelistserv

Twitter is @empyrelistserv

Happy spring, happy April, and to all of you a productive April.
Looking forward.
Renate Ferro
Curatorial Moderator

Renate Ferro