Hello & Bonsoir...

"Am I so changed by the research process or by the creation one ? How is it for
others artists-academics ?"
I don't see the two being separated - that is if you mean 'research process' as
the writing/reading/evaluating data - my research feeds my practice with new
objective perspectives... I would make art work -> exhibit as a 'Beta_Space' ->
read/write -> rework the art work > exhibit as a 'Beta_Space' -> read/write ->
final exhibition. Both creative and research processes completes me as an
artist, and allows for my practice to grow. Before starting my PhD, my methods
in my art practice were similar - just not as in depth, thorough and I was not
as aware of them.

I think this is also bring us back to Maria's question "How do we set up
methodologies for practice-based research students[& practitioner]?" How has
your methods changed from being an artist away from the academia to a 'creative
research practitioner' or vise-versa?

"How do other invited persons see the relation between art practice teaching
and research ? How do other artists (that don't have a phd) teach?"
Although I have not yet completed my PhD, I have been teaching practice on BA
courses (y1,2,3) since 2005 or 06 (Moving image, fine art, visual research,
digital media and photography).  My roles were labeled differently depending of
the university I was working in (Sessional/Part-Time-Lecturer or Associate
Tutor) but effectively I was/am doing the same job. It seems, from my
perspective, that lecturer not only need to have their usual expertise, their
also need to be flexible in what they can teach - I was fortunate that my
practice evolved from related medium, so that my research (inc. methods,
readings and works) could lead me to contribute to various teaching courses.
As I say I started teaching before my PhD at the University of Brighton -
initially through a teacher training course  - then through applying for a
lecturing position that I didn't get but instead they offered me another
lecturer position which was perfect, since then I have not stop teaching but
never on full-time basis. Today, it seems that having a PhD is a 'desirable'
requirement for teaching in universities.

Cécile