Thanks Simon.

and finally for me, an item in the news today that sums up part of the
problem with writing about art:

IAE always uses "more rather than fewer words". Sometimes it uses them with
absurd looseness: "Ordinary words take on non-specific alien functions.
'Reality,' writes artist Tania Bruguera, 'functions as my field of
action.'" And sometimes it deploys words with faddish precision: "Usage of
the word speculative spiked unaccountably in 2009; 2011 saw a sudden rage
for rupture; transversal now seems poised to have its best year
ever."<http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/2013/jan/27/users-guide-international-art-english>

IAE has made art harder for non-professionals.In fact, even art
professionals can feel oppressed by it. The artists who've responded most
positively to the essay, says Rule, "are the ones who have been through
master of fine arts programmes" where IAE is pervasive.

** **