To all, esp. Johannes and Ana,

I concur that there are much more interesting questions to ask, than to try and
figure out how/if games can be absorbed into art-historical discourse, or
museum culture.

Two essays you may be interested in that deal with American ideologies and
games:

Sara Humphreys, "Rejuvenating “Eternal Inequality” on the Digital Frontiers of
Red Dead Redemption" in Western American Literature 47.2 (Summer 2012): 200–15.

Tanine Allison, "The World War II Video Game, Adaptation, and Postmodern
History" in Literature/Film Quarterly Vol. 38, Iss. 3 (2010): pp. 183–193.

-SM
Soraya Murray, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Film and Digital Media Department