"the scent of the game maker's world view"

This sounds like Alexander Galloway's "allegorithm" and I agree that if
there is no play in the moral framework of the game,  there is no
possibility of change in the behaviour/weltanschauung of the user.

My fiancee spots this frequently, saying:

"Gandhi just declared war on me for no reason" (Civ)

"In space,  everyone is just horrible" (Spore)

"Why do people have to ruin these games by making everyone fight you all
the time"

Can we distinguish between the underlying conservatism of the authors, the
publishers or the genre? Doesn't the same thing happen in ARGs?

I'm interested in the contrast between  single-issue political games and
Coney's work, where the play in the moral framework drives the game.

Sent from puppy training  purgatory