dear all

having read the two introductions to the SenseLab project (Generating the
Impossible? Into the Midst?), it was of
course fascinating to ponder the questions that Erin Manning raised when
describing the plan to "explode
the gallery" – here meaning the SAT dome in Montréal ? a gallery?  – especially
when economic issues surfaced (about renting
the dome space and making money) or, alongside, issues of the Lab itself as
having become its own institution or institutional-affiliate
not experimental, collaborative, collective enough? what notion of collective
do you use?).

The actual event that Erin described seemed to have been site specific, in the
Parc, adjacent to that SAT space, and
it involved two kinds of participatory activities (food, and the crocheted
web). Could you please elaborate
how this now constitutes a 'choreographic object" based on 'new media
techniques" exploding anything? (which space?)

I think I merely wondered what you were planning inside the neighborhood, on
the one hand (how was the project
communicated to the audience or the par dwellers or visitors), and where the
"midst" now is located, urban space?
or adjacent space (non institutional) and how did the action-environment you
recounted made for next steps -
 "providing us with a diagram for entering the space the next day? ? which is
the second space?

with regards

Johannes Birringer
Dap-Lab