Thank you for the compliments Renate!
I acted as the translator/bridge between Brooke and our Spanish
collaborators.  More than once Brooke was furious at me for
mistranslation or simply dropping key points (translation can be
exhausting).  In the end, the translation came through the work.  Once
we got down to whatever needed to be done, we would work both together
and apart and as the work took form, greater understanding was arrived
at.  Miscues became elements that were either adopted or transformed
when shared.  This was particularly true as we worked along side one
another at Matadero Madrid.  In other words, there were times we'd
give up on translation and simply start working individually or in
pairs.  Some of my favorite examples of these moments are the sort of
mind maps that developed from parallel play/work.  Here are a few of
those:

This drawing
http://excedentes-excess.org/exc_sept_2012/panel_files/mapa%20conceptual%20Excedentes-Excess.png
became this
http://excedentes-excess.org/exc_sept_2012/Media/flowani3-4.gif

Brooke's map served as inspiration to much of our visualization/thinking:
http://ambriente.com/excess/img/excess07.png