dear -empyre, I am an old member of the list and has been moderating as a
guest several times. I enjoy the vitality and the tone of -empyre.
I am born in Montevideo, Uruguay, as Leandro. I was jailed when I was very
young and spent four years as political prisoner. Later I was deported to
Sweden where I spent almost the whole of my adult life. Now I am back in
Montevideo and try to keep this dual belonging as much I can.
I am a writer and writes both in Swedish and Spanish, I am a trained social
anthropologist as well, specialized in food uses, digital culture and
computer games. Since the year 2001 I has been working and visiting
Palestine, Gaza, Jenin, Nablus, Jerusalem, working with Palestine refugees
and artists. Together with my dear friend and colleague the Swedish visual
artist Cecilia Parsberg we keep websites (www.ceciliaparsberg.se/jenin),
arranged exhibitions and made films and research.
I worked together with the French curator Catherine David in an Irak
exhibition and we invited a broad selection of Iraqi writers and artists to
Sweden. Together with the Spanish group Hackitectura (www.hackitectura.net)
we worked with maps and borders, a project I launched called "Crusades". I
am part of the Upgrade International and try to merge theory, art and
activism.
Now I am arranging together with other concerned women an International
Congress of Women in Black, a movement where I has been active since many
years, www.womeninblack.org
We are going to gather in Montevideo the third week in August to discuss
violence, wars against civilian populations and the crisis we are living
through.
Welcome to Montevideo! Leandro, Alicia, Sabela, Diego, me and all these
creative people invite you to share.

Ana

--
http//congresomujeresdenegromontevideo.wordpress.com
http://www.twitter.com/caravia15860606060

<http://www.scoop.it/t/postcolonial-mind/>

cell Sweden +4670-3213370
cell Uruguay +598-99470758

your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always
long to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci