Hello, I just heard about empyre and found the idea exciting!

My name is valeria de los Ríos (vdelosr...@gmail.com), I hold a Ph.D. from
Cornell University and currently work as an Assistant Professor at
Instituto de Estética, Universidad Católica in Santiago, Chile. My research
has focused on the relationship between visual technologies and literature.
In 2011 I published my book *Es*pectros* de luz. Tecnologías visuales en la
literatura latinoamericana*, and in 2010 I co-edited a volume on the work
of the filmmaker Raúl Ruiz, *El cine de Raúl Ruiz. Fantasmas, simulacros y
artificios. *[http://valeriadelosrios.jimdo.com/]. I am currently working
on a project involving life and animality in Latin American literature and
film, always considering the use of media, technologies and the
materialities of communication.

--
Valeria de los Ríos
http://valeriadelosrios.jimdo.com/