Dear John, Johannes and all

To John -
On 7 Jul 2014, at 13:06, John Hopkins <jhopk...@neoscenes.net> wrote:

> I suspect that you perhaps have explored some of the aspects of breathing
> modeled by yogic teachings  -- as some of the play you describe here are
> moving somewhat in that direction -- patterning, awareness, presence, pacing,
> not-knowing, and even fear -- these are, of course, broad principles of
> embodied energy flow... (Richard Freeman's teachings on 'pranayama' are quite
> profound in their lucid descriptions of how to fully integrate the breath
> into embodied and energized presence)

 Yes, absolutely, the design of the breath experiment drew on yoga practices. I
am not aware of Richard Freeman's writings but have read and practiced a fair
bit within similar traditions and will look up his work. THanks for that.

To Johannes -
On 7 Jul 2014, at 23:13, Johannes Birringer <johannes.birrin...@brunel.ac.uk>
wrote:

> How do you know what the others felt or feared?  how to you share (reflect?
> articulate) awareness after the presence/present and virtual moments  (and
> Simon must then not understand your work at all, does he?)?

Of course I don't know anything about others or my own experience;  just make
the best attempt at approaching an understanding, using my practice and that
wonderful technology of language. Phenomenological methodologies are useful and
Don Ihde's proposals of the post-phenomenological make sense to me. I think the
processes and outcomes of collaborative and interdisciplinary practices are
also means whereby we sharing our knowing / not-knowing through doing.

all the best, Sue

SUE HAWKSLEY
independent dance artist
s...@articulateanimal.org.uk