A good question - is there an ideological dimension to the concept of extended
mind (I prefer the term extended self)? Historically the extended self idea has
developed, in part, out of the work of Heidegger - who we are aware is an
ideologically complex and contentious thinker. So, it could be argued there are
clear ideological roots to the concept.

However, I think this is a major issue in its own right and distinct from this
month's discussion on virtual embodiment. Perhaps we (somebody) could develop
this as a theme for a later empyre discussion?

best

Simon

On 29 Jul 2014, at 08:52, simon <s...@clear.net.nz> wrote:

> I left out a word - "extended":
> ...is there an ideology of "extended or distributed mind, agency or
> identity"? that questions embodied - and it can be assumed - individual
> identity and selfhood?
>
> ...and what to make of the stipulation on "quotidian affects" rather than
> 'effects'? an affective extension or distribution of mind, agency and
> identity?
>
> neuroliberalism?
>
> best,
> Simon Taylor