We welcome Adam "A.J." Nocek once again as our guest moderator for September.

A.J. Nocek is a PhD candidate in the Comparative Literature Department
and instructor in the Comparative History of Ideas Program at the
University of Washington. His research lies at the intersections of
media and aesthetics, design and biotechnology, and algorithmic
culture and global-scale neoliberalism. Nocek has published essays on
the philosophy of A.N. Whitehead, media theory, artificial life, and
architecture. He is the co-editor of the collection, The Lure of
Whitehead (Minnesota 2014), and a special issue of the journal,
Inflexions, titled Animating Biophilosophy (2014).

Tim Murray and I  first met Adam at Syracuse University just north of
Cornell during a conference..  He was our guest moderator last
September hosting a rigorous month on "BioArt: Materials, Practices,
Politics."  He joins us again this September  hosting a topic: "Design
That Matters."

Welcome Adam and thanks so much.
Renate Ferro
-empyre soft-skinned space

Renate Ferro
Visiting Assistant Professor of Art,
Cornell University
Department of Art, Tjaden Hall Office:  306
Ithaca, NY  14853
Email:   <rfe...@cornell.edu>
      http://www.privatesecretspubliclies.net
Lab:  http://www.tinkerfactory.net

Managing Co-moderator of -empyre- soft skinned space
http://empyre.library.cornell.edu/