Hello, all,

As someone else who is joining this discussion from the archivist's
perspective, I'm glad to see Kristie's comments (and points for the Duranti
and Thibodeau references).

What they call "reproducibility" I would refer to as "instantiation" simply
because of the semantic baggage that reproduction carries. And in the
software domain, "instantiation" is a well-understood term.

Best,

Dennis

~~
If your first move is brilliant, you’re in trouble. You don’t really know
how to follow it; you’re frightened of ruining it. So, to make a mess is a
good beginning. — Brian Eno