Johannes, only a short remark, when I am writing about my pain and my
memories I am also using literary tools, the body remembers but the
language or the brain don't. I read Butler's Frames of War, Agamben's Homo
Sacer and The remnants of Auschwitz to trace the mechanisms and the forms
to perform the pain. You all maybe remember we had a good exchange in
-empyre with Monica Weiss about public lamenting and how to show the
collective mourning as exorcism and catharsis.
I am now translating a short text written by my friend the Uruguayan writer
Alicia Migdal. She was one of -empyre guests when I was moderating the list
2012. She is quoting Agamben as well. I will be back with her translated
text, she writes in Spanish and I am just now translating it.
Ana

--
http://www.twitter.com/caravia15860606060
http://www.scoop.it/t/art-and-activism/

<http://www.scoop.it/t/postcolonial-mind/>

cell Sweden +4670-3213370
cell Uruguay +598-99470758

your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always
long to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci