Thanks for the question and the possibility to try to say it more precisely.
To ways to describe this come into my mind. The first follows Fanon and his
rewriting of the master-slave-dialectics in Hegel’s „Introduction“ to his
„Phenomenology". The master denies the recognition to the slave. But working
for the master the slave gets able to develop a consciousness of herself by
seeing herself producing things and changing the world. In the colonial
situation of continuously performed cruelty, in a world strictly separated
departed in two, the constant pain or negation prevents this possibility.
But I doubt that this this model of subjectivity is still useful. We no longer
can think of mediation mainly in the logic of production of things: that the
subject sees itself in the product, recognizes its abilities. Mediation perhaps
is always new and changing, it is becoming of the subject itself. There is no
subject before it emerges out of a scene, a dramatization. But this is a
continuous process.
When subjectivity is what emerges out of the indeterminacy of a play than it is
possible to destroy the subject exactly by destroying this room to play
(Spielraum in German).