I am having the priviledge of speaking with Alicia Migdal (the joys of
the presenciality :), she is visiting me and we are speaking about the
topics of this month. Alicia says what happens now seems impossible to
reverse, not political acts not us. Alicia says nobody from the
symbolical field can change things. But what happens, I say, par
example, Picasso painted Gernica. His painting did not help one of the
dead in Gernica but for us the generations to come Guernica became a
symbol of the fascism and the resistance against it.
Alicia says when you paint or write the effect of your creation is
often delayed, maybe long time later others see in it the value of the
expressed.
I am thinking about Peter Weiss marvelous book "The Esthetics of the
Resistance" when he reads the altar of Pergamus as a struggle between
workers and owners.
The altar was made for several thousands years ago and it's still
something valuable to be reinterpreted how many times you wish.
We were thinking of the Greek tragedies which had as explicit aim to
arouse pity and terror in the spectator, as methods to purge the soul.
They were warnings...

Ana and Alicia

--
http://www.twitter.com/caravia15860606060
http://www.scoop.it/t/art-and-activism/

cell Sweden +4670-3213370
cell Uruguay +598-99470758

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth
with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you
will always long to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci