De: Murat Nemet-Nejat <mura...@gmail.com>
Fecha:23/11/2014  02:42  (GMT-03:00)
A: christina.spie...@yale.edu,soft_skinned_space
<empyre@lists.cofa.unsw.edu.au>
Asunto: Re: [-empyre-] introducing week 3

Perhaps the most powerful form of symbolic space is the plaza, from Tienanmen
Square to Tahir Square to Maidan (which is a Turkish word) to Damascus to
Taksim Square in Istanbul, to cite a few relatively recent examples, the
symbolic action most feared by governments. I wrote a poem about thirty years
ago "Fatima's Winter" exactly on the idea of the square (attached to a tool) as
a potentially revolutionary space. Participants to our dialogue at Empyre may
be interested in it. Though published, the poem is not on line. I don't know
whether I can include it within the the post or attach is as a document. The
poem is a few pages.