On Fri, 28 Nov 2014, Ricky Ray wrote:

I wonder what this healing aspect of a "healing nihilism" refers to--healing what, and to what end? And where is the idea/feeling of needing to be healed coming from, how is it operating in/affecting one's day-to-day behavior? If there is a sense of brokenness behind it, what would dropping that perceptual filter, if only momentarily, do?

Dropping perceptual filters is related to asking a neurotic not to be neurotic, etc.; the sense of brokenness becomes (as depression does) a dwelling, inert and familiar. Nihilism for me (there are many varieties and I'm interested in Nagajuna's refutation of logic in this regard) is the cicatrix of scorched earth, its inhering; healing would mean acceptance without anguish, so that I might proceed with a degree of acceptance. Buddhism doesn't work for me (nor does yoga or meditation), nonetheless I attend constantly. I greatly appreciate your dscription of your own processes; for me, I have to find another direction.

Thank you, Alan

==
current text http://www.alansondheim.org/sx.txt
==