On Thu, Mar 23, 2023 at 6:52 AM Thaina Yu <thain...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Do we have anyway to write hand-written assembly code along with
> emscripten? And is it possible to return that externref from wasm code into
> emscripten world?

Here is the example how to use externref in assembly:
https://github.com/emscripten-core/emscripten/blob/main/test/core/test_externref.s

Until recently there was no way to communicate those references directly to
C++ but it maybe possible now that upstream clan support has landed.

There is no current support for externref in EM_ASM.   We could
potentially add EM_ASM_REF which returns a ref to C/C++ but until recently
that would have been impossible.