tl;dr: if you're currently using the -Wno-void-ptr-dereference flag, you'll
need to fix your code to stop dereferencing void pointers in C++

Hello emscripten users,
Dereferencing a void* pointer is invalid in C++ but until recently Clang
allowed it (by disabling the default warning-as-error). A change
<https://reviews.llvm.org/D150875> recently landed in clang that will
remove the option to do this, so I wanted to give you all as early of a
warning as possible that you may need to fix your code (hopefully not; if
you're not using -Wno-void-ptr-dereference you should be fine). I expect
this change to eventually roll into an emscripten release in the next few
weeks.
Thanks!
-Derek