When you build for non-wasm platforms are you JIT'ing non-wasm code?

This looks like a codegen issue that only affects the wasm backend.   The
error in question occurs if a code section contains more than one function
symbol.  In the wasm backend we expect every function to get its own
section (i.e. -ffunction-sections is always on).   See
https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/blob/6ebf7cd7ed1b6502b3b18985f06b213a53381097/llvm/lib/MC/WasmObjectWriter.cpp#L469-L481