On Sun, Jul 30, 2023 at 1:55 PM 'Dieter Weidenbrück' via emscripten-discuss
<emscripten-discuss@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Thanks, Sam.
> So PROXY_TO_PTHREAD makes sense only if I run some kind of loop inside
> main rather than waiting for events from the JS Side.

Yes, this option is mostly designed for the case where you have a long
running `main` that would be a problem if it ran in the main browser
thread.   In this case, you can choose from a few options such as splitting
up your `main` function or using `PROXY_TO_PTHREAD` to have it run on
another thread.

cheers,
sam

Thanks, I will handle this as described then.