Gene Chang (genchang) wrote:
> It is not unusual for developers to be unaware of the breath of the
> EAP-FAST market adoption. It has been growing under the radar for a lot
> of people since market research firms do not track market share of
> different EAP methods.

  I do rather a bit more than just development.  I work with people
deploying systems from 100 to 10M+ users.  I don't see EAP-FAST being
adopted.

  I *do* hear rumors about EAP-FAST from enterprises who have bought
single source solutions.

> Part of the misperception that EAP-FAST has no market presence has been
> because no one has been drawing attention to the adoption success of
> EAP-FAST. I am hoping to assemble some public data to shed a light on
> the secret life of EAP-FAST.

  People haven't drawn attention to the adoption success of PEAP or
TTLS, either.  Instead, people just deployed it in large numbers.

  I started hearing about PEAP and TTLS almost as soon as they were
proposed.  There was quick and immediate demand for both protocols from
a wide range of systems (small, medium, large).  I've seen nothing
similar happen with EAP-FAST (so far).

  Part of the misperception that EAP-FAST has a large market presence
has been that the people who are deploying it don't talk to the people
*not* deploying it, and vice versa.  Within the EAP-FAST camp, it looks
like there's wide-spread adoption.  Outside of it, it just doesn't come
up in any conversation.

  Alan DeKok.