I'll respond to the question of channel binding support now.  I think
the current text permits an EAP method to not send channel binding if it
knows the server fails to support it.  If your method can discover that
and optimistically avoid sending channel binding that's fine.

I think we discussed the flow in a fair bit of detail and I think we
have consensus on the current flow including the lack of server telling
the peer which channel binding attributes it supports.  As an
individual, I do not support opening that up again, although if there is
WG consensus to make a change we should do so.