On Oct 19, 2012, at 5:08 PM, Sam Hartman wrote:

>    Alper> Hi Sam, Please also share this discussion with EAP WG and EMU
>    Alper> WG mailing lists. That's where the EAP expertise is and they
>    Alper> should chime in, given that you are proposing to modify EAP
>    Alper> applicability statement.
>
> The eap applicability statement  update is a charter item of
> ABFAB. We've agreed it will be last called in EMU.
> Since it's a work item of abfab, it should be discussed on that list.
> You're certainly free to let people know that the discussion if taking
> place, although we've done that several times before.

Sam,

The type of changes you are talking about are well beyond the "applicability
statement changes" that ABFAB is chartered to make.
Now you are discussing how EAP can be executed in a client-driven style (as
opposed to network driven), how server-initiated EAP re-authentication may not
be supported, how authorization parameters (especially the session lifetime) is
not set by the AAA server.

We need EAP and AAA expertise to get involved in the discussion. Not only when
ABFAB WG thinks it is done, but especially from the get go.
This, IMHO, is re-engineering EAP and associated AAA procedures.

Alper