Hi Mohit, all,

So, if I may summarize the mail exchange, we agree that:

  * We can continue to discuss the issue within the EMU umbrella as long
    as it will not be overwhelming (it seems there is not much
    discussion within the ML now, so it might be a good time to work on
    these items)

  * It would be useful to have a conversation with IEEE around the idea
    of using EAP as a provisioning channel. My question here is - does
    anybody have plans to attend the IEEE meeting and/or report on
    what's the sentiment there around this idea?

Given the above, I would like to understand what would be the possible
options for provisioning protocols. In particular, I would like to have
the input from the WG about EAP-TEAP extension vs. new EAP mechanisms.

The use of EAP-TEAP extension seems to be a good approach - it already
supports EST and can be extended to support other provisioning
protocols. However, for protocols that might not require the use of a
protected channel (e.g., because messages are signed and no secrets are
exposed), it might be useful to have the option of not requiring
EAP-TEAM as the "outer shell".

On the other hand, the definition of extensions for EAP-TEAP might
provide the needed push for seeing the deployment of the mechanisms
(which today is still, as far as I know, very limited).

What do you think?

Cheers,
Max

Best Regards,