Hi Michael,

On 8/22/19 10:46 PM, Michael Richardson wrote:

Mohit Sethi M <mohit.m.se...@ericsson.com><mailto:mohit.m.se...@ericsson.com>
wrote:
    > At the same time, some new use cases for EAP have been identified. EAP
    > is now more broadly in mobile network authentication. The group will
    > update existing EAP methods such as EAP-AKA' to stay in sync with

    > Out-of-band (OOB) refers to a separate communication channel
    > independent of the primary in-band channel over which the actual

    > EAP authentication is based on credentials available on the peer and
    > the server. However, some EAP methods use credentials that are time or
    > domain limited (such as EAP-POTP), and there may be a need for creating

I feel that the charter is too limiting if it names specific drafts like
this.  In effect, the charter is mandating adoption of specific documents.

If you agree, I will suggest some alternate text.

The text specifically says 'such as'. I interpret it as an example and not as a
limitation. I can remove the reference to EAP-POTP if you think that is better?
And please feel free to suggest some alternative text.

    > In summary, the working group shall produce the following documents:

These read like milestones rather than areas of focus.

I am following the precedent from our current charter:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/emu/charter/. I think it provides the IESG and
the IETF community with a good idea of the broad items that we would be working
on. Note that it says documents in plural. So a bullet may correspond to
several drafts. For example, the second bullet is encompassing several work
items such as defining the use of TLS 1.3 with EAP-TTLS and EAP-PEAP as well as
fixing the errata reported on EAP-TEAP.

--Mohit