I have read draft-friel-tls-eap-dpp-05.
I have no objection to the WG working on such a thing, but I think that there
is actually quite a lot of work left to do.

I think that the section 3, which explains the EAP connection (and the
motivation for the work) should probably come before the extension and the
cryptographic explanation!

I find the document quite weak even in section 3.
I think that the EAP server (Authentication Server) is meant to use the OOB
public key to authenticate the new device.

I'm rather vague as to how the Authentication Server knows what identity to
use to look the public key up, and how the privacy of this identity is
preserved.

Does the device get any indication that it has been plugged into the correct
network?  Is there any authenticatin of the Authentication Server?
While I acknowledge you are not trying to implement BRSKI (RFC8995) or SZTP
(RFC8572), it would be good if your Security Considerations addressed some of
the same issues that those documents deal with.

 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-