Sorry- I misread this text.  But I think the text still needs changing for the reasons given below.

Eliot

On 02.02.23 08:26, Eliot Lear wrote:

Section 4.2.9 reads:

   The Request-Action TLV MAY be sent by both the peer and the server in
   response to a successful or failed Result TLV.

I suggest that this text be changed to allow a Request-Action TLV to be sent at any time.  The reasoning for this is that even with a successful TLS exchange, the *server* may decide that the client needs a new certificate.  That may be due to many factors, including trust anchor changes or some sort of compromise condition.

Since nobody previously implemented the PKCS#10/PKCS#7 TLVs, this shouldn't cause interoperability problems with earlier configs.

Eliot