On Fri, 24 Mar 2023 at 20:42, Alexander Clouter <alex+i...@coremem.com>
wrote:

> That said, in practice other than doing EAP-TLS (EMSK) followed by
> EAP-MSCHAPv2 (also EMSK), I think any incompatibilities probably would have
> never been triggered.

Microsoft's [MS-CHAP] - v20210625 that covers EAP-MSCHAPv2 does not define
EMSK. If it seems they use with TEAP, it may cause some confusion later on,
or not. I don't think we've tried it yet but I just got a comment about
EMSK not being present in the MS document.

The doc says this:

  The Master Session Key [RFC3748] is derived from the two keys as follows:

  MSK = MasterReceiveKey + MasterSendKey + 32 bytes zeroes (padding)
But it doesn't follow with EMSK definition.

--
Heikki Vatiainen
h...@radiatorsoftware.com