Hi all,

in the AD review of the SUIT MUD draft, see
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-suit-mud/ and
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/suit/xRT55NR6fAQuuSYmApXAdC-zO8U/,
Roman noted that we are assuming that an EAT-based attestation mechanism
is available for network access authentication protocols.

While there has been talk about adding attestation to EAP methods, I am
not aware of any work specifically in the EMU group.

Coincidently, we are working on a solution for adding attestation to
TLS, see
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fossati-tls-attestation/, where
we define an extension that can be added on a need-by-need basis. It
could also be incorporated into TLS-based EAP methods.

Has someone in the group considered the use of attestation for network
access and as part of TLS-based EAP methods in particular?

The use case is described in Section 2.1 of RFC 9334, see
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc9334#name-network-endpoint-assessment
The main benefit is there described as follows: "Remote attestation is
desired to prevent vulnerable or compromised devices from getting access
to the network and potentially harming others."

We are happy to give a presentation or show our prototype at the hackathon.

Ciao
Hannes