>   So I see this as two new methods:
>
> 1) tunnelled FIDO - for use in TTLS, PEAP, or other TLS-based EAP methods.
>
> 2) TLS-based method with tunnelled FIDO - it can make new / stronger
> requirements on CA validation, server identity, etc.

So (2) would be the moral equivalent of (1) inside an existing tunnelled
method where WebPKI is mandated for server cert validation?

I have worked with organisations who run AD Certificate Services for the
sole purpose of issuing a single server certificate for their NPS cluster,
so I am very much in favour of making server certificate validation simpler.
However, I think we need to be very circumspect about out-sourcing that to
the WebPKI. Is there another IETF protocol that does this?

Josh